Hexar's WinTetris 2.81 for Windows
A bad-ass remake of an old classic
[Click to download]
View WinTetris 2.8 Readme
Download the Source Code
- Want to see how WinTetris was made? Download the source
code and find out! You need Visual Studio 6 to build it, as
well as the DirectX SDK.
Download the Demo DLL
- If you want to create your own AI for the demo mode in
Tetris, download this source code to get started. Improve on my
algorithm! (Also requires Visual Studio 6 and possibly
the DirectX SDK).
- This Word document explains the layout and the strategy
used in the Demo DLL used in the game, which plays against
New Features in 2.81
- Fixed a multitude of problems with multiplayer gaming,
especially with more than two players
- Other miscellaneous gameplay issues
New Features in 2.8
- Demo Mode plays against itself
New Features in 2.7
- Support for 2-8 player Internet Play
- Chat window bug fixes
New Features in 2.61
New Features in 2.6
New Features in 2.5
All material Copyright (c) 2001-2017 Hexar
Please direct all inquiries, love letters, and hate mail to
This website is for a company started by Andre LaMothe, one of my
favorite authors. His excellent books describe in detail
the processes used to create home-grown game programming projects.
His book, Tricks of the Windows Game Programming Gurus is
the inspiration for WinTetris.
A true resource for the game programmers at heart, this
site is filled with information on everything related
to game production.